Hello everyone! Today’s post is that of my August 2017 wrap-up. How has your August been? — It’s incredibly hard for me to believe that August has already come and pass. That tomorrow is September.
It’s always hard for me to finish my monthly TBR lists. I usually have at least 6 or 7 books planned out that I want to read. With having only 2 or 3 books on my monthly TBR now, I’ve found that it is much more manageable for me to accomplish the list I’ve made.
My TBR of this month had 3 books on it. The TBR books were: Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson. Then there was Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) by Amanda Hocking, and finally, You’re Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner. I managed to read all of this months’ TBR! This is the first
(or second, I can’t really remember) time I’ve managed to read what was on my monthly TBR!
The books I’ve gotten this month were:
- Zero Repeat Forever by Gabrielle Predergast // via Netgalley
- Of Shadow and Stone by Michelle Muto // via Amazon
- All the Wicked Girls by Chris Whitaker // via Netgalley
- Magic of the Loch by Karen Michelle Nutt // via Netgalley
- See Me, See Me Not by Elodie Nowodaskij // via Netgalley
- Resistance by L.E. Erickson // via bookfunnel
I’m super excited about these books. I’ve read a few of them (as you will see soon), but for the rest I haven’t read, I’m really looking forward to actually getting down and comfortable and reading said books!
I read 11 books this month!
- Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson — ★★★★’s
- Switched (Trylle, #1) by Amanda Hocking — ★★.5’s
- Blood Guard (Mission, #1) by Megan Erickson — ★★★★’s
- You’re Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner — ★★★’s
- The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #3) by Erika Johansen — ★★’s
- Feral by Holly Schindler — ★★’s
- Of Shadow and Stone by Michelle Muto — ★★★.5’s
- Dawn on the Arcana, Vol. 1, by Rei Tōma — ★★★★’s
- A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab — ★★★.5’s
- Zero Repeat Forever (The Nahx Invasions, #1) by Gabrielle Prendergast — ★★★★.5’s
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon — ★★★★★’s
- Tiger & Bunny, Vol. 1 by Mizuki Sakakibara, Masakazu Katsura (Illustrations) — ★★★’s
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- The Last Forever by Deb Caletti
- Fireworks by Katie Cotungo
- Antisocial by Heidi Cullinan
- Evermore by Alyson Noël
- Flashfall by Jenny Moyer
- Year of Mistaken Discoveries by Eileen Cook
- Out of the Shadows by Ashlee Nicole Bye
- Twisted by Hannah Jayne
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
- The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Deep by Kylie Scott
- Premeditated by Joslin L. McQuein
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
- Zero Repeat Forever by Gabrielle Prendergast
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
Posts from this August were:
- TBR Tuesday #37; Monster Girls & Scientific Immortality
- TBR Tuesday #38; Revealed Secrets & the Secret Deadly Order
- Sweet and Cute Books Recommendations
- September 2017 Publishings
Where You Can Find Me:
Other thoughts from this month were:
[08.01] I posted four posts in one day. Granted, two were just copy-and-paste posts, one was queued, and the last one I’d been worrying over. I’m glad though that the 4 of them are posted.
[08.02] I’m so happy that I got two of my three books from my TBR already read. This is amazing!!! I hope this reading streak continues for a while.
[08.11] My aunt told us about the Korean market that’s close to my house and my family and I went to check it out and !!!! I really like it there. The store is much less busy (at least when I went) than what TNT is usually like.
[08.15] Yesterday we had family from out of town come over for the day, and I’ve got to say it was really nice to see them.
[08.29] This month has felt so long. Some of my family visited town, and it was nice to see them. I also went to the night market and came home with a pillow, two 1000 piece Tokyo Ghoul Root A puzzles, and some socks.
[08.30] My mom made me this bookmark and it is so freakin’ cute!
[08.31] I am so excited to start my Japanese class on Tuesday! But I’m also nervous about it as well, ’cause you know…school. ////// All in all, I think I had a pretty good month. I feel like I did a lot, yet I feel like I did so little as well. Oh, the conundrum.