Hello friends! How was your July?
My July was….good, at the beginning of the month. The rest of July seemed to drag on, and on and on. Yet now that I’m thinking back on this past month, time flew by. I got quite a bit of reading done, which I’m happy about. I also posted a few things as well. I’m trying to post more than just book reviews, so if you have any post recommendations throw ’em at me.
I hope July treated you and yours well.
What I read in July was:
- Broken In: A Cowboy Reverse Harem Romance by Cassie Cole — 3 stars
- Three Irish Brothers: A Reverse Harem Romance (Quick & Dirty, #1) by Sienna Blake — 3 stars
- The Five Brothers Next Door by Nikki Chase — 2.5 stars
- Give Me a Dream by Zoe Ann Wood — 3.5 stars
- Chosen for Sight; Volume 01, by Delia Stewart — 1 star
- Dragon Whisper by Niamh Murphy — 1.5 stars
- The End of Feeling by Cindy C. Bennett — 5 stars (re-read)
- Ambushed (The Brindle Dragon, #4) by Jada Fisher — 3 stars
- Hungry for Her Wolves (Hungry for Her Wolves, #1) by Tara West — 2 stars
- Shunned (Kings of Miskatonic Prep, #1) by Steffanie Holmes — 1 star
- Ever Lost (Lost Boys of Neverly Prep, #1) by L.E. Bross — 4 stars
- I Am The Wild (The Night Firm, #1) by Karpov Kindrade — 3 stars
- Gypsy’s Blood (All The Pretty Monsters, #1) by Kristy Cunning — 5 stars
- Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2) by Kristy Cunning — 4.5 stars
- Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters, #3) by Kristy Cunning — 4 stars
- Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters, #4) by Kristy Cunning — 4 stars
- Gypsy Rising (All The Pretty Monsters, #5) by Kristy Cunning — 4 stars
- Synergy (The Ether, #1) by Belle Roberts — 2 stars
- Magic Trials (Half-Blood Academy, #1) by Meg Xuemei X — 5 stars
- Magic Secrets (Half-Blood Academy, #2) by Meg Xuemei X — 4 stars
- Bone Witch (Winter Wayne, #1) by D.N. Hoxa — 3 stars
- Sugar Daddies by Jade West — 2.5 stars
- Night Shifter (Magical Creatures Academy, #1) by Lucia Ashta — 4 stars
- Demon Slayer (Dragon’s Gift: The Sorceress, #1) by Linsey Hall — 4 stars
- Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1) by Jennifer Estep — 3.5 stars
Holy crap, I read 25 freaking books in July. I’ve been having fun reading though, so I don’t mind at all that I read so much. I’m slowly working on finishing the series that I’ve read and liked. I keep on finding new-to-me stories though, so I’m getting distracted, haha.
So many…book reviews…YOIKES. My heart is so happy though. There are so many Fantasy and Paranormal books I’ve been reading.
- A Dance with Darkness (Otherworld Academy, #1) by Jenna Wolfhart
- Wolf Claimed (The Last Shifter, #3) by Sadie Moss
- Taming (To Tame A Shifter, #1) by A.K. Koonce
- Stroke the Flame (Her Elemental Dragons, #1) by Elizabeth Briggs
- Wolf Freed (The Last Shifter, #4) by Sadie Moss
- No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1) by Miranda Honfleur
- Marked By Power (The Marked, #1) by Cece Rose & G. Bailey
- Justice Calling (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #1) by Annie Bellet
- Their Siren (Daughters of Olympus, #1) by Charlie Hart
- ARC – Give Me A Dream by Zoe Ann Wood
- Spark (Academy of Unpredictable Magic, #1) by Sadie Moss
- The Lonely Dead by April Henry
- Marked By Pain (The Marked, #2) by Cece Rose & G. Bailey
- Fallen Academy: Year One (Fallen Academy, #1) by Leia Stone
- Of Ashes and Sin (Fire Trails, #1) by Ariana Hawkes & K.N. Knight
- Winter’s Guardian (Her Guardian, #1) by G. Bailey
- Marked by Destruction (The Marked, #3) by Cece Rose & G. Bailey
- Hunting Darkness (Demon Hunter, #1) by Savannah Rose
- Wings of Fire (Protected by Dragons, #2) by G. Bailey
- Road To Winter (Fae’s Captive, #2) by Lily Archer
There were quite a few books that I reviewed this July. I’ve been reading so much
(yay stress), and I do try to review at least 98% of the books I read. I’ve actually read so much over the last few weeks that I have reviews up until last September, early October, hahaha. Oh! And I am trying to read more non-reverse-harem. So when I do end up reading something that isn’t reverse harem themed, I can use those book reviews as a divider of sorts, between the reverse harem reviews that I’ve got coming out.
I posted things that were not book reviews in July! See what I posted this month:
- First Line Friday #14
- Book Blogger Confessions Tag
- August 2019 Most Anticipated Titles
- Rapid Fire Book Tag
- Lemonade Stand Tag
Honestly posting things other than book reviews for the first time in a long time feels so good. I’m happy with the posts I put out this month.
In the last few months I haven’t been active in the book community. I’ve been on my blog drafting and scheduling future posts…but in terms of actually interacting with other bloggers? I’ve been slacking. Though this July I was a tad more present in the bookish community.
- Erik @ Breakeven Books reviewed Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott. I’ve been so into Fantasy books lately that contemporaries haven’t been on my radar. However from reading Erik’s review, I actually want to go to the library and borrow Five Feet Apart.
- The Caffeinated Reader posted about How To Email a Book Blogger. I agree with everything written in this post!!
- Alys @ Alys in Bookland posted about How being a Mood Reader Affects My Reading Experience? Being a mood reader myself, there were quite a few things that I agreed with when I was reading Alys’ post.
- Kal @ Reader Voracious posted her 2019 Book Blogger Awards I recommend this post because Kal gives awards to some blogs that I didn’t even know existed.
- Xandra did a Novel Newcomers on Bookwyrmingthoughts featuring Book Hype. I myself have a difficult time with book hype, so reading that other people have this issue as well was great to read.
- Uptown Oracle posted Blogging 101: Using a DSLR. I’m always looking for ways to spruce up my photography.
- The Quiet Pond posted Young Adult F/F Scifi/Fantasy book recommendations! (Plus the blog is super cute and overall a great blog so I followed hehe)
- Rain @ bookdragonism did the Greek Mythology Book Tag. I am seriously considering doing this tag…
Have you seen/read these posts? Each one of the linked posts have something that interests me. Maybe they’ll interest you as well.
Books I Bought this month:
- Prince of Sin by Cass Ford
- Shy Girls Write it Better by May Sage
- Betrayal’s Price by Lisa Blackwood
- Studying her Vikings by Skye MacKinnon
- Dirty Alphas by Alexa B. James, Angelina Avery
WHERE TO FIND ME:
03; for the last few weeks I’ve been thinking quite a bit about what I want to do, life-wise. I have many interests, and I want to explore them more. Maybe even sell what I create online.
also even though i’ve been posting here on my blog, i haven’t actually been active in the book/ish community. i hope that i’ll be able to pop back in…
31; I’ve been so tired lately, and today is no exception. Especially because my nephews were here and the older one is quite the rambunctious little guy…as toddlers are.
Thank you for stopping by!
See you soon, and Happy Reading!