Hello friends, and Welcome to my February 2019 Wrap Up!
I managed to read more than I thought I would, but not as much as I had wanted to. That’s 100% OK though, since life and such things can get in the way. Which, this month, it did.
I also acquired a lot of books in February. I don’t even know if I’ll be able to get around to reading them all or not, but I’ll have fun trying!
Onto my February To-Be-Read list though… My February TBR was a grand total of 4 books. I personally find that if I aim to read one a book a week, I’m more eager to read more than what I limit to what my TBR list includes.
The books I had on my TBR were actually four ARCs that I have. I managed to read two of the four, which is great. If I got around to completing those 4 books, I would’ve moved onto reading Wayfarer (Passenger, #2) by Alexandra Bracken, The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black, and finally, These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders ,#1) by Sara Raasch.
However, the books that I actually read were:
- Of Poseidon (Syrena, #1) by Anna Banks
- Of Triton (Syrena, #2) by Anna Banks
- Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1) by Nicki Pau Preto*
- Truth or Bear (Shifter, #2) by Zoe Ashwood*
- The Pain Eater by Beth Goobie
- I See You by Clare Mackintosh
- Kiss of the Dragon (Fallen Immortals, #1) by Alissa Woods
- We All Fall Down by Natalie D. Richards
- Copycat by Hannah Jayne
* Advanced Reader Copies
Are there any books that you think I should read next? I love recommendations~
What I posted in February
What surprised me the most this month however, was how many posts I’d gotten around to publishing on the blog! I usually don’t ever post this much during one month. I guess the new system I have is working out for me, haha.
- First Line Fridays #7
- 3 Bookish Things Tag
- Popular Books I Haven’t Read | Part 1/?
- Thrillerathon 2019 & TBR !
- My Blog’s Name in Books | Tag (V.02)
- Most Anticipated Titles of March 2019 !
- State of the ARC #11
If you have any ideas on what I should post/talk about here on Adele Is Reading, please let me know! I adore hearing from you.
Books I Reviewed
I reviewed 6 books in February. I’m trying to only post 2 reviews a week, and then for the remainder 1 day in which I can post, it’s more of a freebie (either another review, or a non-book-review post).
With how much I posted in February, it makes sense that I only reviewed 6 books. Haha.
In each of these books, there’s something that I enjoyed about them.
- 806 by Cynthia Weil
- Bearly Married (Shift, #0.5) by Zoe Ashwood
- Foreign to You by Jeremy Martin
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto
- A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- Truth or Bear (Shift, #2) by Zoe Ashwood
What are others posting/ talking about?
Friday Favourites over on Novel Lives. Susan was kind enough to talk a little about my review of Crown of Feathers in their post. I actually liked checking out the other posts that Susan talked about as well.
I, unfortunately, didn’t get around to checking out other people’s posts. I’m going to try better in March!
Major Book Haul!
Now onto the part that we are all waiting for,
the books I either bought myself, or were given to me.
Books I Bought / Were Gifted To Me this February are:
- The Dragon Librarian (Scrolls of Fire Book 1) by Marc Secchia (my review)
- Sin and Ink (Sweetest Taboo Book 1) by Naima Simone
- Era of Undying by Emilie Knight (my review)
- Fallen Empire (Empire of Dragon Chronicles 1) by K.N. Lee
- Reign of Magic (Empire of Dragon Chronicles 2) by K.N. Lee
- The Snow Queen: The Complete Saga: Books 1-3 by K.M. Shea
- From the Deeps (Seven Wardens Book 1) by Laura Greenwood, Skye MacKinnon
- Slayer (Dragon Tamer Book 1) by J.A. Culican, J.A. Armitage
- Runes of Truth (A Demon’s Fall Book 1) by G. Bailey
- Mercenary (Little Death Bringer 1) by Catherine Banks
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- Alien Invasion Short Stories – Forword by Patrick Parrinder
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
- The Cold is in Her Bones by Peternelle van Arsdale
- Circle of Shadows by Evelyne Skye
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Nigan
- Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberly, Austin Siegemund-Broka
- Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber
- A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Cerulean by Amy Ewing
- Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean
- Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers (my review)
- Theif’s Cunning by Sarah Ahiers
- The Traitor’s Game (Book 1) by Jennifer A. Nielson
- The Revenge by Hannah Jayne (my review)
- The Girl King by Mimi Yu
- Echo North by Joana Ruth Meyer
- Damsel by Elana K. Arnold
- The Reckoning of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
- What If It’s Us by Becky Alertali & Adam Silvera
There are so many books! I have no clue as to when I’m going to read all of them!! I’m already kind of stressing out about it,
haha. Having all of these new books though means that I’m going to get rid of a few that I already have.
I need to shuffle around the books I have and give myself a Marie Kondo moment. You get me? I’m already so ahead of myself I’ve already selected 10 books to ex-nay.
WHERE TO FIND ME:
Thank you so much for stopping by!
See you soon, and Happy Reading!