Hello friends! October just passed recently, and I have been so freakin’ busy. So here’s my October Wrap Up!
I didn’t end up setting up a To Be Read list for October, just because I know that October is one of the busiest months I have yearly. However, since I accidentally ended up borrowing quite a few books from the library, I knew that I’d have to read those sometime. So why not make them my unofficially-official TBR and read a few of the books so I could feel like I actually read my TBR list this month.
Here’s what happened this month!
Books I Read and Reviewed this October:
- Going Down Hard (Doing Bad Things Book 1) by Jordan Marie — 4
- Nightblood (Frostblood Saga, #3) by Elly Blake — 3
No, I did not get to that massive pile of library books. I ended up returning 8 of the 13 books I had.
Books I DNF’d this month:
Ten by Gretchen McNeil. I’ve tried to read Ten before, and didn’t get around to it. And when I reborrowed Ten again I told myself that I would start reading it ASAP. When I got around to reading it I found that I didn’t like the character view point (or maybe it was the writing?) and skipped to the end of the book and spoiled it for myself. No regrets here.
Manga I Read:
- Waiting for Spring, Vol.01 by Anashin
What I Posted in October:
- Library Reads #41
- Halloween Creatures Tag 2.0
- 4 Young Adult Mystery Books I Recommend | Part 1/?
- Friday First Lines #1
- Friday First Lines #2
- State of the ARC #9
- November ’18 Publishings (that I’m looking forward to)
Manga I Reviewed:
- Behind the Scenes!! Volume 01, by Bisco Hatori
- Kenka Bancho Otome: Love’s Battle Royal Volume 01, by Chie Shimada
- Black Butler Volume 01, by Yana Toboso
- Kiss of the Rose Princess Volume’s 03-05, by Aya Shouoto
Books I Acquired:
- Going Down Hard (Doing Bad Things Book 1) by Jordan Marie
- Once Upon a Scandal (Royally Screwed, #6) by Madison Faye
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa
- The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May
- The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2) by Elizabeth May
- The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3) by Elizabeth May
- Badd Motherf*cker (The Badd Brothers Book 1) by Jasinda Wilder
- HAWK: Lords of Carnage MC Book 2 by Daphne Loveling
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
- Everless by Sara Holland
- The Affiliate (Ascension Book 1) by K.A Linde
- Seafire by Natalie C. Parker
- Salt for Air by M.C. Frank
- Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas (Birthday present!)
Posts From Others I Liked:
How to Get a Chronological Twitter Timeline — find out how to see your Twitter Timeline in Chronological order! I didn’t think this was still possible, but it is! I just wish I could have this on my regular feed.
Author Interview with RIN CHUPECO !!! Honestly friends, Rin Chupeco is one of my favourite authors. Reading this little interview was a delight. 🙂
Top 5 tropes – Please don’t write this anymore. ;; Honestly, a great post about tropes that are being used too frequently. Also a quick read!
WHERE TO FIND ME:
02; I bought Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa today! I actually stayed up until midnight on the 1st so I could buy it as soon as it came out! I also went out and spoiled myself since it’s my birthday month. Now all I have to do is wait until Kingdom of Ash is published and in stores. Then I’ll have spoiled myself to the limit.
06; I’ve gone to Lush no more than 3 times in the last 4 days and let me tell you, it was such a bad idea lmao. I’m going to end up spending all of my money there.
25; Today was my birthday and even though I cried a little I had a lot of fun! I received a Totoro puzzle thingy that I started building tonight. I will take pictures when I am done!
28; Much of this month was preparing Christmas gifts. I had the bright idea to make a bunch of presents this year and frankly, I don’t have enough time to do it. Especially because the last 3 months of the year fly by so freaking quickly!
And because I’ve been so busy, I haven’t had time to read. As you can see, I’ve had the time to by ebooks off of Amaz*n but that’s about it! I actually read Nightblood and it took me a full day to complete it, holy smooookes.
So I don’t know if I’ll have time to do everything that I want to do reading and blogging wise during November and December.
31; HAPPY HALLOWEEN IF YA CELEBRATE IT!!! 🙂
Thank you for stopping by! How was your October?