State of the ARC meme
State of the ARC is a monthly meme at Avalinah’s Books meant to motivate you to finish up all you long overdue ARCs (Advanced or Early Reader Copies). You can tack your reading progress and link up with your own post. Most commonly it comes out on the 30th of every month.
Hello! Welome to my eighth (8th) State of the ARC meme post! I was especially excited about September since September, in my mind, launches the start of so many new beginnings. Maybe because grade-school in Canada starts in September. Which means reconnecting with old friends, and starting new friendships!
Yes, I was pretty excited about September this year, haha.
My one and only goal for September, ARC-wise, was to get my Netgalley Feedback Ratio (FBR) up to 65%. I ended August with a 61% FBR, and just wasn’t satisfied with that. So let’s see how I did this month!
Forward, my friends!
The ARC’s I received this September were:
I’m actually quite happy to say that I didn’t request any ARCs this month.
The ARC’s I didn’t finish (DNF) this month were:
I don’t set out every month to mark down books as Did Not Finish, but with my varying tastes in books I’m bound to hit a few road-blocks here and there. Thus, DNF-ing books. Actually, the 3 Advanced Reader Copies I read this month were all books that I finished! So there aren’t any books that I DNF’d this month.
ARCs I read this September are:
- Children of the Forgotten Gods by Kennedy Daly; Great synopsis, and in general, a great story. However, there were a few things that I didn’t like about the book.
- Magic Harvest by Mary Karlik; Though Magic Harvest did not turn out like the way I had imagined it would, I still enjoyed this pleasantly surprising book.
- Twice Dead by Caitlin Seal; Twice Dead turned out to be another book that I underestimated. I rarely–if ever– hear about books where there’s necromancy involved, so when I read about Twice Dead I was pretty excited about it.
The ARCs I reviewed this month were:
- Children of the Forgotten Gods by Kennedy Daly
- Magic Harvest (Fairy Trafficking, #1) by Mary Karlik
- Twice Dead (Necromancer’s Song, #1) by Caitlin Seal
Overall, my reading time was low this past month. September has proven to be busier than I thought it would be, and I have no doubt that October will be even busier (Canada has our Thanksgiving in early October, then it’s my birthday 2-ish weeks after that, and then 6 days later its Halloween!).
However, I’m happy to say that I read 3 ARCs this month. I wished I had read more, obviously, but life happens, you know? I’m going to set a goal and hope to read one (1), if not two (2) ARCs to be read next month.
I end September with a 62% Feedback Ratio.
Thank you for stopping by!
How was your ARC September?
State of the ARC is a meme created and hosted by Avalinah over at Avalinah’s Books.