State of the ARC is a monthly meme at Avalina’s Books meant to motivate you to finish up all your long overdue ARCs (Advanced or Early Reader Copies). You can track your reading progress and link up with your own post. Most commonly it comes out on the 30th of every month.
Hello! Today’s post is going to be my SEVENTH State of the ARC post. Can you believe I’ve made it this far?!
My goal for August was to read at least 3 books. I also wanted to get my Feedback Ratio on Netgalley up to 65%.
The ARC’s I received this August were:
- Magic Harvest (Fairy Harvest, #1) by Mary Karlik; What drew me to Magic Harvest was the fact that the main character Layla, is only half-fae half-human. What else draws me to this book was the fact that Layla has never seen anyone else with human blood. Not even her father! So I was intrigued by that bit. Magic Harvest is a YA Fantasy book, but there’s also little hints of mystery here and there because Layla’s half-sister is kidnapped and Layla rushes to the rescue. (via Netgalley)
- Children of the Forgotten Gods by Kennedy Daly; I became interested in this novel honestly because of the title. I mean, how could I not? The title is one that has me thinking that the story could go so many different ways. The synopsis though leads me to believe that there really could be only two things that could happen. (via Author)
The ARC’s I didn’t finish this month were:
- The Girl From Blind River by Gale Massey; I really wanted to like The Girl From Blind River but it just wasn’t for me, unfortunately.
Advanced Reader Copies I read this August were:
- The Shadow Minds Journal by Kia Carrington-Russell; A Dark Fantasy with little gore and a lot of action. I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. (my review)
- Crystallum (The Primordial Principles, #1) by Laney McMann; Crystallum is an older ARC that I have. I believe I acquired Crystallum back in 2015! So I’m relieved to have another old-timer ARC off my shoulders. I am also overjoyed that I ended up liking this one.
- Seventh Born (The Witching Academy, #1) by Monica Sanz; I ended up enjoying Seventh Born way more that I thought I would. I wanted to like it prior to reading the story, but I went dove into Seventh Born not expecting to like it.
The ARC’s I reviewed in August are:
- A Wolf Apart by Maria Vale
- Era of Undying by Emilie Knight
- The Shadow Minds Journal by Kia Carrington-Russell
- Crystallum by Laney McMann
- (DNF) The Girl From Blind River by Gale Massey
- Seventh Born by Monica Saenz
Ending this month with 61% feedback ratio. It’s 4% lower than I wanted it to be, but hey, life and family visiting from out of town happened.
I’m shocked to see that I reviewed 7 ARCs this month! On average, I’d think that I averaged on about…2 or 3 ARC reviews a month. So I actually ended up more than doubling my average!
Though admittedly I could review more on average.
My goals for September, ARC wise, is going to be to get my feedback ratio up to 65%, on Netgalley. I’m keeping my goal low for next month…in hopes of upping said feedback ratio.
Thank you for stopping by!
How was your ARC August?
State of the ARC is a meme created and hosted by Avalinah over at Avalinah’s Books.