I had a TBR set up for July! I should know better than this, because it never works out for me personally. So if you set up your own little monthly TBR’s that’s great!
The books I had set up on my TBR for July was: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Ascend by Amanda Hocking, The Beast us an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale, and finally, The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan. I unknowingly had a fantasy theme going on! Though I did not intend to have it that way…
I ended up not completing/reading all of the books on this months TBR. Of the 5 I had set out to read, I only read one. Which I’m honestly not even upset about. So these books will go back on my shelves in hopes of reading them some other time!
Books reviewed: 14
- Inherit the Stars by Tessa Elwood
- The Spirit Chaser by Kat Mayor
- Graceling by Kirstin Cashore
- Breaking Benjamin by Haylee Thorn & Michelle Windsor
- Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
- The Dragon Librarian by Marc Secchia
- (DNF) Ruthless Magic by Megan Crewe
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian
- Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs
- Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
- City In Embers by Stacey Marie Brown
- Hide Me (Silver Strands, #1) by Lexi Scott
- (DNF) Last Light Falling: The Covenant by J.E. Plemons
Ahh, there are so many book reviews this month! That’s because I was getting a little too caught up in reviewing books. I didn’t want to have book reviews backed up until September! Though…that would be nice, I’d get to have a break haha.
Books read: 08
- Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1) by Laura Sebastian — ★★★’s
- Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5) by Patricia Briggs — ★★★★’s
- Annie on My Mind by Nancy Gardner — ★★.5’s
- City In Embers (Collectors, #1) by Stacie Marie Brown — ★★★★.5’s
- Hide Me (Silver Strands, #1) by Lexi Scott– ★★★’s
- Song of the Current (Song of the Current, #1) by Sarah Tolcser — ★★★★’s
- Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas — ★★★’s
- Era of Undying by Emilie Knight — ★★★★★’s
I read 8 books this month?! I don’t even know how I do this to be honest. Hmm. If I were to choose a few of my favourite reads this month, they’d definitely be City In Embers, and Era of Undying, but I can’t forget about Song of the Current either! All genuinely great read that I enjoyed more than I thought I would.
Manga Read: 06
- Clay Lord: Master of Golems Volume 02, by Jun Suzumoto — ★★★★★’s
- Clay Lord: Master of Golems Volume 03, by Jun Suzumoto — ★★★★★’s
- Karneval Omnibus Volume 02, by Touya Mikinagi — ★★★★’s
- Kiss of the Rose Princess Volume 01, by Aya Shouoto — ★★★★’s
- The Demon Prince of Momochi House Volume 01, by Aya Shouoto — ★★★★’s
- Karneval Omnibus Volume 03, by Touya Mikinagi — ★★★.5’s
I read a lot of manga this month. And next month I’ll be reading even more! I’ve borrowed an obscene amount of manga from the library….
Books Acquired this month (18) were:
- Hades Rising by Aden Polydros
- Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller
- The School For Good and Evil: The Ever Never Handbook by Soman Chainani
- The Watcher of the Night Sky (The Aronia Series Book 1) by Rachel Pudsey
- Pure (Pure, #1) by Catherine Mesick
- The Rules by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguié (second hand store)
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zenter (bought for $3!)
- Inception: Paranormal Romance – Dragon Shifters, Immortals and Wolf Shifters (Dragon Protectors Book 1) by Laxmi Hariharan
- Maybe Never by Sadie Allen (my review)
- Anything for Love (The Hunter Brothers Book 1) by Lola StVil
- Once Friends (LOVE in the USA, A Hollywood Love Story Book 1) by Z.L. Arkadie
- Era of Undying by Emilie Knight
- Bayou Born by Hailey Edwards
- Knuckle Down (The Cursed Ravens, #2) by Chantal Fernando
- Harbinger by Emme DeWitt (Netgalley)
- The Shadow Minds Journal by Kia Carrington-Russell (Netgalley)
- Era of Undying by Emilie Knight (the author graciously let me read EoU in exchange for a review)
- Seventh Born by Monica Sanz (Netgalley)
I received/bought sooo many books this month, holy crap! Well, at least I know if I end up going anywhere
(I probably won’t) I’ll have books to read! Haha. I’m looking forward to a few of these. And in actuality, I’ve already read 3 of these books, so I feel like I should say that I only acquired 15 books this month. That’s still quite a few in my opinion though!
- The Book Blogger Insider Tag
- Books I Should Have Read Already | Part 1
- August 2018 Books I’m Looking Forward to
- Library Reads #39
- State of the ARC #6 | July
I’m glad that I got around to posting a few posts that weren’t book or manga reviews this month. I’m trying to post things aside from book and manga reviews, so if you have any ideas I’d love to hear them!
- Clay Lord: Master of Golems Volume 01, by Jun Suzumoto
- He’s My Only Vampire Volume 06+07, by Aya Shouoto
- The Water Dragon’s Bride Volume 04, by Rei Tōma
- Dawn of the Arcana Volume 03, by Rei Tōma
People’s Posts: Here are a few posts that I enjoyed reading this month! These three are ones I’ve read within the last week or so. Which is when I decided to do this, which is why there are only 3 posts for this month. So below are a few posts that I’ve come across recently, that I really enjoyed reading.
My Endless Bookshelf’s experience at NYALitFest July 2018 — I genuinely enjoyed reading about Kayleigh’s experience at the NYALitFest. Since I myself have never been to a bookish festival, I’m always kinda jealous of other people who get to go to these events. I wish there were events like this in Vancouver, Canada!
The Book Swain’s review of The Wolf at the Door — Another supernatural book I get to add to my TBR! What stands out about this book is that it’s slightly mystery, all supernatural, and all gay. You could tell that Rossel enjoyed reading The Wolf at the Door.
Jamsudreams did the Unpopular Opinions tag, and honestly, I really enjoyed reading Jamsu’s answers! I might even do this tag myself.
Who am I kidding, yes, I’m going to be doing this tag.
WHERE TO FIND ME:
02 — Today is warmer than it has been the last few days and I’m glad about that. I like the rain and such, but, I just really want to be warm at the moment haha. I’m sure this’ll change as we get deeper into the summer season though.
09 — I haven’t been reading at all lately and it is slightly bothersome but at the same time I’m doing other things as well, so I guess it’s working itself out? IDK. We’ll see.
25 — reading has been so scarce this month. part of it is due to not wanting to read after the sun goes down, part of it is also really no will to read, ha.
30 — It is literally too hot to think ahaha.