I didn’t have a set ‘To Be Read” pile/list for February, but I did want to try and read at least 10 ARC’s that I have. I’m so freakin’ happy to say that I’ve read 11 ARC’s! I DNF’d 3 of them, but I’m counting them as read, since I read enough to get a handle on the story.
Books Read (20):
- Goldfisch, Volume 1 by Nana Yaa (ARC)– ★★★★★’s
- Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 2, by CLAMP — ★★★★★’s
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw (ARC) — ★★★★★’s
- Roar (Stormheart, #1) by Cora Carmack — ★★★★★’s
- Standing Sideways by J. Lynn Bailey (ARC) — ★★★★★’s
- Speedbump by Charli Coty (ARC) — ★★★★’s
- The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #1) by Maria Vale (ARC) — ★★★★’s
- Fireblood (Frostblood, #2) by Elly Blake — ★★★★★’s
- The Ancient Magus’ Bride vol.02 by Kore Yamazaki — ★★★★’s
- The Ancient Magus’ Bride Vol.03 by Kore Yamazaki — ★★★★’s
- TSUBASA: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol.03 by CLAMP ★★★’s
- Flight Season by Marie Marquardt (ARC) — ★★★★★’s
- ((DNF)) Protogenesis by Alysia Helming — ★
- Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi — ★★★’s
- Dreamin’ Sun Volume 1 by Ichigo Tanako — ★★★★★’s
- Maybe Never by Sadie Allen — ★★★★’s
- If I Tell You by Alicia Tuckerman — ★★★★★’s
- Noragami: Stray God Volume 02, by ADACHITOKA — ★★★’s
- ((DNF)) Searching (The Starlight Chronicles, #0) by C.S. Johnson
- Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi (ARC)– ★★★★★’s
I ended up marking 3 books as DNF reads this month;
- the sun and her flowers by Rupi Kaur, to be exact. I really enjoy her poetry. However, after reading her first book I felt like I had an obligation to finish her poetry when I had started it.
- Protogenesis by Alysia Helming — I think I got up to 40% before I DNF’d.
- Crystal Blade by Kathryn Purdie; I geniunely wanted to enjoy this book. However, when I started reading it, I couldn’t connect with the story at all. I got until page 88, and then I had to call it quits.
- Searching by C.S. Johnson; I couldn’t connect with the story at all.. AND I FEEL SO GUILTY ABOUT IT. (60%)
I can’t believe that I read 20 books this month. That’s such a high amount of books. I kinda want the same thing to happen next month!
Books reviewed (10):
- Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, Maureen Johnson — ★★★’s
- Dax (Bad Boys of Willow Valley, #1) by Shannyn Leah — ★★★’s
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black — ★★★★★’s
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw — ★★★★★’s
- Standing Sideways by J. Lynn Bailey — ★★★★★’s
- Roar (Stormheart, #1) by Cora Carmack — ★★★★★’s
- Speedbump by Charli Coty — ★★★★’s
- The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #1) by Maria Vale — ★★★★’s
- The Wild Herald (Faerie Sworn, #3) by Ron C. Nieto — ★★★★★’s
- Fireblood (Frostblood, #2) by Elly Blake — ★★★★’s
- Goldfisch, Vol. 1, by Nana Yaa (ARC) — ★★★★★’s
- Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 02 by CLAMP — ★★★★★’s
- The Ancient Magus’ Bride Vol.02 + 03, by Kore Yamazaki — ★★★★’s
- Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Vol.03, by CLAMP — ★★★’s
- If I Tell You by Alicia Tuckerman (Netgalley)
- Whisper by Lynette Noni (Netgalley)
- The Starlight Chronicles (#1-#7) by C.S. Johnson
- Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi (Netgalley)
- Lullaby (The Sand Maiden Book 1) by L.R.W. Lee
- Saving Me by Sadie Allen (from author)
- Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry
- The Sound of Us by Ashley Poston
- We Own the Night by Ashley Poston
- Shadowsong (Wintersong, #2) by S. Jae-Jones
- Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian (Netgalley)
I actually forgot when Shadowsong was supposed to come out, so I was surprised when I saw on amazon that it was actually out in the world!
Nowhere But Here has been on my mind off and on since the day it came out about…3 years ago, now, maybe? I wanted to wait until the other books in the series were out. I knew that the series had the potential to become one of my favourites.
The Sound of Us is a book that I’ve wanted to read, but never knew if I would. My local library doesn’t have it, unfortunately. The other library that I go to has it, but I didn’t want to venture out that far again, so I ended up buying not only the first book, but the second book We Own the Night as well! I’m pretty sure that the only relation that the two books have are that they’re companion novels to one another.
- March Book Publishing’s that I’m Excited For!
- Library Reads #35
- January ’18 OwlCrate | Fearsome Fairy Tales
- Book Unhaul #2
- State of the ARC #1
WHERE TO FIND ME:
Tumblr | Instagram | Goodreads | Pinterest | Twitter
Feb. 01 — Whooo! First day of February and I read an ARC. It was even a manga! It was good folks. You should definitely check it out.
Feb. 03 — The first 3 days of February seem to be really good reading days for me. I have a feeling that’s going to be spoiled for me though, since I have to take time away from reading to study. Boooo.
Feb. 11 — Today’s been such a nice relaxing Sunday. It feels like spring. The sky is clear and the sun is shining. I know there’s a crisp feel to the air, since I din’t really want to go outside just yet. Much like the groundhog I suppose! That just means more reading time for me!
Feb. 17 — February is always simultaineously the longest and one of the shortest months of the year for me.
Feb. 19 — Now is when the month of February picks up speed and is over in a blink.
Feb. 21 — HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO MY NEPHEW!! He’s growing up SO QUICKLY. STOP MAKING ME FEEL OLD, NEPHEW.
Feb. 21 — I’m just now discovering the beauty that is essential oil burners. Wow. Amazing. Hey, if you know of any cheap-ish essential oils, hit me up!! All I have at the moment is Pure Almond, and a Lavender Essential Oil. The Lavender smells amazing. I can pretend to be in France if I try hard enough! Ha.
Feb. 28 — I think I’m going to use the rest of the night (after I finish this post) to watch some stuff.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Happy Reading, Friends!