Hello lovelies! This is my final post for the first month of the new year! The older I get, the faster time seems to fly by and I have no idea how to handle that… As you can see by the title, today’s post is my January 2018 Wrap Up & Book Haul! Like last month, I seem to have gotten quite a few books. February is going to be one heck of a reading month, if I can find the time to read.
I didn’t have a set TBR this month. I wanted to keep things open and be able to read what I wanted to read in the moment. However with that said, I started in one of my Instagram posts that I wanted to be able to re-read two books this month. That didn’t happen. Which is okay! Turns out that I was busier than I thought I would be.
When I’m feeling stressed out about anything, my personal life suffers. For me, a big chunk of my time is spent reading whenever I can. So when I’m stressed, my reading time takes a big hit.
My January in reflection seems like it was a busy month for me. I can feel that it was a busy month for me. However, I can’t really recall what I did! Whoops!
Books Read (09):
- The Wild Hunt (Faerie Sworn, #1) by Ron C. Nieto — ★★★★’s
- The Wild Curse (Faerie Sworn, #2) by Ron C. Nieto –★★★★★’s
- Faerie Hearts (Faerie Sworn, #2.5) by Ron C. Nieto — ★★★★★’s
- The Wild Herald (Faerie Sworn, #3) by Ron C. Nieto — ★★★★★’s
- Love and Other Alien Experiences by Kerry Winfrey –★★★★’s
- Venturess (Mechanica, #2) by Betsy Cornwell — ★★★★’s
- Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle — ★★★’s
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black — ★★★.5’s
- Dax (Bad Boys of Willow Valley, #1) by Shannyn Lean — ★★★’s
Since I signed up for more Japanese classes, I didn’t have the time I wanted to use to read. Which is somewhat saddening, since I love reading. I wanted to more than I did this month.
Books Acquired (21):
I somehow got a ton of books this month. This tends to happen when I tell myself that I’m not going to buy that many books. I also have quite a bit of books on my shelves (physical and electronic) so…I guess I got carried away!! Does this happen to you? Or am I alone in this? Haha.
- The Wild Hunt (Faerie Sworn, #1) by Ron C. Nieto
- The Wild Curse (Faerie Sworn, #2) by Ron C. Nieto
- Faerie Hearts (Faerie Sworn, #2.5) by Ron C. Nieto
- The Wild Herald (Faerie Sworn, #3) by Ron C. Nieto
- Your Name. by Makoto Shinkai
- The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1) by Nora Sakavic
- The Raven King (All for the Game, #2) by Nora Sakavic
- The King’s Men (All for the Game, #3) by Nora Sakavic
- Searching (Starlight Chronicles, #0.5) by C.S. Johnson (Netgalley)
- Maybe Never by Sadie Allen (Netgalley)
- Goldfish Manga Volume 1 by Nana Yaa (Netgalley)
- A Jot of Blood (The Coventry Years, #1) by Katherine Bayless (Netgalley)
- Dax (Bad Boys of Willow Valley, #1) by Shannyn Leah (Netgalley)
- Fool’s Gold (William’s Creek Series, #1) by N.E. Lucas
- Speedbump by Charli Coty (Netgalley)
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw (Netgalley)
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black (OwlCrate)
- Standing Sideways by J. Lynn Bailey (Netgalley)
- The Last Wolf by Maria Vale (Netgalley)
- The Secrets We Bury by Stacey Ramey (Netgalley)
- Protogenesis (Before the Beginning) by Alysia Hemming (Netgalley)
I somehow managed to acquire 21 books. Yeesh. I guess I have a lot of reading to do in February!
I reviewed 8 books this month. Which is pretty good if I do say so myself!
- The Wood, by Chelsea Bobulski — ★★★★’s
- Frostblood (Frostblood, #1), by Elly Blake — ★★★★’s
- The Wild Hunt (Faerie Sworn, #1), by Ron C. Nieto — ★★★★’s
- Wallbanger, by Alice Clayton — ★★’s
- Torn (Brave, #2), by Jennifer L. Armentrout — ★★★’s
- The Wild Curse, Faerie Hearts (Faerie Sworn, #2 & #2.5), by Ron C. Nieto — ★★★★★’s
- An Enchantment of Ravens, by Margaret Rogerson — ★★★★★’s
- Venturess (Mechanica, #2), by Betsy Cornwell — ★★★★’s
Generally I had a good month of reading. I read a lot in the beginning of January, but then that tapered off after the first week and a half or so, since I had signed up again for the Japanese class that I attend.
- December 2017 Wrap Up & Book Haul
- Library Reads #34
- TBR #46; Unexpected Illness
- TBR #47; Red Cinder
- Book Beau | First Purchase!
- Book Sweepstakes (Closes on Feb. 26, 2018)
- February 2018 Books I’m Looking Forward to
WHERE TO FIND ME:
Tumblr | Instagram | Goodreads | Pinterest | Twitter
Jan 5 — If you haven’t already, I urge you to go and check out the Faerie Sworn series by Ron C. Nieto. I bought them off of Amazon and I don’t regret it! I bought e-copies of the series. Honestly, the Faerie Sworn series might be one of my favourites. The series is fast, and filled with action. There’s a bit of romance, but the romance is not what the books are about.
Jan 6 — my book beaus came in (way faster than I thought they would). I’m so very happy with my purchase.
Sometime this month, the ACOMAF themed necklace I bought also came in the mail. I’m extremely happy with my purchase. I love it and wear it at least 1-3 times a week. Which is saying something, since I don’t wear jewellery.
Thank you for stopping by!