Hello, everyone! Today’s post will be my Wrap-Up for July. July was an especially weird month for me, weather wise. I remember it rained for a little bit here and there. Usually in the summer months it doesn’t rain. At all. Let’s get down to it, shall we?
My TBR for July consisted of 4 books: The first book would be a re-read, and the rest being books I haven’t read before but, they’re part of their own series. The books making my TBR this month were (from left to right): The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (The Ubncemoning of Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin, The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2) by Lori M. Lee, Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3) by Sara Raasch, and finally, The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #3) by Erika Johansen.
I didn’t get around to finishing The Fate of the Tearling this month. In fact, after I publish this post, I’m going to get started on reading it! I know for a fact that though, that I won’t get around to finishing The Fate of the Tearling today, since it’s decidedly bigger than its’ previous books. I’ll probably end up finishing The Fate of the Tearling in a couple of days.
Books Read in July: 15
The books I read this month are pretty much all over the genre-map. I mostly read Fantasy themed novels though, which is a given since I really enjoy reading Fantasy. However, there were a few Contemporary books as well. Some I enjoyed, some I didn’t; Contemporary books are usually a hit or miss for me.
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour — ★★’s
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (re-read) — ★★★★’s
- Deep (Stage Dive, #4) by Kylie Scott — ★★★’s
- Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein — ★★★’s
- Dirty (Dive Bar, #1) by Kylie Scott — ★★★★★’s
- To Catch A Killer by Sheryl Scarborough — ★★★★’s
- The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco — ★★★★’s
- Katie’s Hellion (Rhyn Trilogy, #1) by Lizzy Ford (re-read) — ★★★’s
- Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3) by Sara Raasch — ★★★.5’s
- The Charmer (Darklands, #1) by Autumn Dawn (re-read) — ★★★’s
- Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3) by Elizabeth May — ★★★★’s
- The Body in the Woods (Point Last Seen , #1) by April Henry — ★★★’s
- The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2) by Lori M. Lee — ★★★’s
- Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard — ★★★’s
- Antisocial by Heidi Cullinan — ★★★★★’s
Book Reviews from July include:
- Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs, & Night Broken by Patricia Briggs — ★★★’s & ★★★’s
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder — ★★★★★’s
- The Pact by Karina Halle — ★★★’s
- Bring Her Home by David Bell — ★★’s
- Cryer’s Cross by Lisa McMann — ★★’s
- Beautiful Decay by Sylvia Lewis — ★★★★★’s
- Trust by Kylie Scott — ★★★★’s
- See Jane Run by Hannah Jayne, & Truly, Madly, Deadly, by Hannah Jayne — ★★’s & ★★’s
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge — ★★’s
Books Acquired this month:
- Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott // via Kobo
- Dirty (Dive Bar, #1) by Kylie Scott // via Kobo
- Twist (Dive Bar, #2) by Kylie Scott // via Kobo
- Court of Twilight by Mareth Griffith // via Netgalley
- Antisocial by Heidi Cullinan // via Netgalley
- Little Broken Things by Nicole Baart // via Netgalley
- The Art of The Film: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Trace by Archer Mayor // via Netgalley
- Blood Guard by Megan Erickson // via Netgalley
Other Posts from July —
- TBR #35; Island Love & Bad Boys
- Re-Read TBR #36; Legend & an Iron King
- August 2017 Publishings
- Library Reads #29
Thoughts from this Month:
[07.11] For the past week or so, I’ve gotten my sleeping schedule on a good track. I go to sleep between 8 – 9/9:30PM, wake up at 4 – 5AM. The problem is, I’m getting tired and loopy after about, midday. I don’t know what to do, except maybe start a coffee addiction. Except I don’t like coffee. Do you know of any non-coffee related ways I could stay up throughout the day?
Where You Can Find Me:
That’s all for this month, friends! What did you do this month? I didn’t do very much this month beside read (as you can tell by the 15 books I read this month! Haha).