June has come and gone. What happened to the time?! I can’t believe its July first tomorrow; which means that my country is celebrating its’ 150th birthday! Happy Early Birthday, Canada!
nine (9) books, turned eight (8) on my TBR this month. The books from left to right were: The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook, Year of Mistaken Discoveries by Eileen Cook, Twisted by Hannah Jayne, The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid, Bright Smoke Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge, The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand, The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han, Flashfall by Jenny Moyer, & Fireworks by Katie Cotungo.
I ended up managing to read 8 for 8 books on my TBR this month! I honestly didn’t think it’d happen, but I made time to read, and managed to read more than I thought was possible to be honest. I also bought a few books this month. Lets see what they are!
13 Books Acquired this June
- Love is Love by Mette Bach // via Netgalley
- Judge by the Cover (Book 1, Hafu Sans Halo series) by Melissa Abigail // via Netgalley
- Bring Her Home by David Bell // via Netgalley
- Branded by Flames by Sean Michael // via Kobo
- Beautiful Decay by Sylvia Lewis // via Kobo
- Trust by Kylie Scott // via Netgalley
- Healing the Prince […] (The Bonds that Bang Book 1) by Heather Rachael Steel // via Kobo
- Fire and Water by Andrew Grey // via Kobo
- Back Piece (Skin Deep Inc, #1) by L.A. Witt // via Kobo
- Illusive (Illusive, #1) by Emily Lloyd-Jones // via Chapters Indigo (In-store)
- Through to You by Lauren Barholdt // via Chapters Indigo (In-store)
- Open Road Summer by Emery Lord // via Chapters Indigo (In-store)
- Almost Dead (Dead, #1) by Rebecca A. Rogers // via Kobo
Books I’ve Read this June: A total of 18 books
- Branded by Flames (Dragon Soul, #1) by Sean Michael — ★★.5’s
- Flashfall (Flashfall, #1) by Jenny Moyer — ★★.5’s
- Fireworks by Katie Cotungo — ★★.5’s
- Year of Mistaken Discoveries by Eileen Cook — ★★’s
- Twisted by Hannah Jayne — ★★★★’s
- Evermore by Alyson Noël — ★★’s
- Trust by Kylie Scott — ★★★★’s
- Healing the Prince: First Time Sex: A Gay Fantasy Short (The Bonds That Bang Book 1) by Heather Rachael Steel — ★.5’s
- Fire and Water (Carlisle Cops, #1) by Andrew Grey — ★★’s
- Back Piece (Skin Deep Inc. #1) by L.A. Witt — ★★’s
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1) by Rosamund Hodge — ★★’s
- Bring Her Home by David Bell — ★★.5’s
- The Offer by Karina Halle — ★★★’s
- Out of the Shadows (Shadowlands, #1) by Ashlee Nicole Bye — ★★★’s
- The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1) by S.J. Kincaid — ★★★★.5’s
- The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand — ★★★’s
- The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han — ★★.5’s
- The Play by Karina Halle — ★★★★★’s
The fact in and of itself that I somehow managed to read 18 books this month is completely mind-boggling to me. Like, what?! How.
- TBR 33; Two Lives & Futuristic Brazil, & TBR 34; Mental Illness & Ghosts
- July’s Publishings that Interest Me | 2017
- Books I’ve DNF’d Part 3/?
- Library Reads #28
Book Reviews from June
- Nemesis by Anna Banks — ★★’s
- Infinity by Jus Accardo — ★★’s
- Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins — ★★★’s
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman — ★’s
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher — ★★’s
- Burn by Paula Weston — ★★★’s
- Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill — ★★★’s
- Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons — ★★’s
Where to Find Me:
Other thoughts from June:
[06.08] Yesterday I checked the mail and my Chai Latte candle from Form & Flux arrived. Then today, the audiobook giveaway I won a few weeks ago arrived! All in all a good day. I got to go to the library as well, which is a plus.
[06.26] I went to my local library today to pick up some books, and since there’s a project going on in my town, we’re pretty much getting a make-over. New parking, new ice rinks, new library… Anyway, the library’s usual front doors are closed and the back ones are open and !! it was so different and I honestly loved going in through an emergency-exit-turned-front doors. It was so different and, in a way, the library seemed totally new.
[06.28] I removed The Almost Truth from my TBR since once it got down to actually reading the book, I lost all interest whatsoever. This doesn’t usually happen to me, which I’m thankful for. I just felt like if I read The Almost Truth, that I would’ve been wasting my time.
[06.30] My copy of Beautiful Decay by Sylvia Lewis finally arrived! I’m so freaking happy!
How was your June?