How was everyone’s May? May is actually one of the busiest months for me. I mean, there’s mothers day, my brother’s wedding anniversary, my dad’s birthday, my parents wedding anniversary, and then my sisters birthday. All in that order, too.
I officially marked A Monster Calls (by Patrick Ness) as a Did Not Finish (DNF). I’ve just lost all interest in the book. Which is slightly upsetting, but I can’t help that I’ve lost interest.
The books I had on my TBR this month were: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver; since I really want to read the book and eventually watch the movie with my mom. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard; I really need to finish re-reading this so I can put the book out of my mind! Cryer’s Cross by Lisa McMann; I’ve had the book for a while, and every time I look at my shelf my eyes go to Cryer’s Cross. Evermore by Alyson Noël; I’ve been wanting to re-read Evermore for a few years now, so why not!
I’m leaving May, and entering June reading Before I Fall, as well as Evermore. Let’s see what I read this May!
The Books I Read this May:
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han — ★★★★’s
- A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas — ★★★★’s
- Fair Fame (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs — ★★’s
- Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder — ★★★’s
- Truly, Madly, Deadly by Hannah Jayne — ★★’s
- See Jane Run by Hannah Jayne — ★★’s
- Cryer’s Cross by Lisa McMann — ★★’s
- The Pact by Karina Halle — ★★★’s
Books I’ve acquired this month:
- Southern Spirits by Angie Fox
- Rocked Up by Karina Halle, & Scott Mackenzie
- The Pact by Karina Halle
- The Lie by Karina Halle
- The Play by Karina Halle
- Winter Wishes by Karina Halle
- The Offer by Karina Halle
Books I’ve DNF’d this month:
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness — I got to page 86 (42%).
- Linked by Imogen Howson — I stopped reading at page 119 (33%).
- Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith — I may try and read this again at a later time, but for now I am happily marking this as DNF.
- TBR #30, TBR #31, & TBR 32
- My Favourite Summer-y Contemporary Reads
- First Book Signing & Meeting Jenny Han!
- Mystery Thriller Novels
- Books I’m Looking Forward to this June 2017
Book Reviews from May:
- Starr Lost by Kim Briggs
- Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean, by Jenny Han
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- Hereafter by Tara Hudson
- Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards
- One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
Where to find me:
Instagram | Tumblr | Goodreads | Pinterest | Twitter
Other thoughts this month included:
[May.01] I’m such a dork for puns that I keep on thinking of three days from now, on the 4th, so I can say to my family “May the fourth be with you” HA.
[May.03] I need to find a way to work in my anime watching. I mean, I watch anime pretty frequently, but these past few days (about April 28-May 03) has been pretty hectic reading wise. I’ve read like, 4 books these past few days and they’re not small
stand-alone’s either. They’re 300+ page books.
[May.03] I’m going to try and do series’ reviews.
[May.04] Yesterday the weather was at a high of like, 12 degrees Celsius, but today it was 26 degrees Celsius! May weather is so freaking temperamental.
[May.13] I read Fair Game to get me out of my reading slump, but I honestly think that after finishing Fair Game I’ve gotten right back into said reading slump. I’m upset that no books are really appealing to me like they used to.
[May.15] I met Jenny Han — the whole experience was great. I’m glad I didn’t skip it.
[May.31] I’ve been watching a lot of shows lately. I’ve fallen into a slump! I’m alright with this though. — It’s also my sisters 18th birthday today!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SISTA.