Hello reader(s)! I hope March went well for you all. If not, then I’m so sorry. Hopefully April brings better things. We had a thunderstorm this month, the first of the season, I’m sure! The thunder and lightning was a sight to behold. Even though I was in my room with the lights on. Thankfully the power didn’t go out! The storm rushed through my town and at one point was over my house. It’s such a strange sensation to feel the deep rumble of a thunder storm run through the bones of your house.
My TBR for this month consisted of only one book! That book was A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It was also my groups book of the month on Goodreads. Which was why I only had one book on my TBR this month. I figured, with only one book on my TBR, surely I could sit down and just read it. Turns out, I couldn’t get into the story as much as I thought I’d be able to, and as of right now, A Monster Calls is turning out to be a disappointment.
Books read this Month:
- One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards — ★★★’s
- Nemesis by Anna Banks — ★★★’s
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles — ★★★★’s
- Infinity by Jus Accardo — ★★’s
- Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins — ★★★’s
- River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs — ★★★’s
- Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs –★★★★’s
- Lead (Stage Dive, #3) by Kylie Scott — ★★★★’s
- Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan — ★★★.5’s
- Kinslayer (The Lotus War, #2) by Jay Kristoff — ★★’s
- Deviants (Dust Chronicles, #1) by Maureen McGowan — ★★’s
Here are the books that I acquired this month:
- Out of the Shadows (Shadowlands,#1)* by Ashlee Nicole Bye
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover ♥
- The Beast Is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale ♥
- You’re Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner ♥
- With Malice by Eileen Cook ♥
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall ♥
- Bright Smoke Cold Fire by Rosamund Pike ♥
- I See You by Clare Mackintosh ♥
* = via the author
♥ = gifted to me by loved ones (photo below)
Library Reads #25; where I talk about the books I’ve borrowed from the library
Book UnHaul; I’m getting rid of some books by giving them to a Used Bookstore
You Can Find Me Here:
Other General Thoughts:
I have a question for you readers. How can I make my blog more interesting to you? What, in a blog, do you like and not like?
I’ve decided to try to re-read and review 10 books! I know I set a similar goal before, but I can’t even remember what those books were. So the books I’m now going to re-read and review are as pictured: (Starting from the left)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Confess by Colleen Hoover
- Evermore by Alyson Noël
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (Not pictured)
It seems as though I need to read the synopsis’ for books more often. I ended up giving Ivory and Bone back without reading it because when I was going to sit down and read the book, I read the synopsis and found that I’m not too interested in this girl on girl war featured over a guy.
My aunt and cousin took me out for the night on the town; aka, they took me out for dinner and went to Chapters. After that we went back to their house and worked on a jigsaw puzzle whilst watching and listening to a few episodes of Mad Men season 5. They picked me up at 2pm, and didn’t get back until 2am! I had a lot of fun trying to put together the jigsaw puzzle though. So much so that I downloaded an app for jigsaw puzzles.
I’ve found my DSL again, so I’ve been playing a lot of Pokémon Black as of late. I haven’t been reading as much as I want to, but that’s fine by me because I enjoy playing the Pokémon games as well.
This past month I’ve also started a new project, but that’s all that I can say at the moment. Just know that I have so many feels about this project, and that it involves books. It’s small at the moment, but I’m hoping to have it grow and flourish. This project will take up a good part of my time, which means I will have less time for blogging, but I’m going to work around all of this. I swear it!