Hello friends! Here’s my February Wrap-Up.
It has snowed off and on all of February; which is short of a miracle, I believe. I don’t think it’s snowed in February here in my part of Canada since 2007, maybe? Even the news has said that it’s rare for Vancouver to get this much snow in our Winter season. I think we’ve gotten around 68cm(?) of snow. Usually this happens only every ten years. Anyway, lets get on to reviewing what I’ve done and read this past month, shall we?
My February TBR consisted of four books: Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Illustrated Edition, illustrated by Jim Kay, Hereafter by Tara Hudson, Inhuman by Kat Falls, and Mistwood by Leah Cypress. I unfortunately only got around to reading one of the four books this month (Hereafter).
The Books I Received/Bought this month:
- Starr Lost (Starr Fall, #2) by Kim Briggs*
- Hit the Ground Running by Mark Burley**
- Abandoned by Elisa Dane***
- Him (Him, #1) by Elle Kennedy, Sarina Bowen
- Sanctuary (Shifters Chronicles, #1) by Melle Amade*
- A Dark Faerie Tale Book 1 & 2, by Alexia Purdy***
*via the author
My February Reads:
- Moon Chosen by P.C. Cast — ★
- Devil You Know (Butcher Brothers, #1), by Max Henry★★★’s
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1), by Rick Riordan — ★★★’s
- Abandoned, by Elisa Dane — ★★★’s
- Him (Him, #1), by Elle Kennedy, Sarina Bowen — ★★★★’s
- Dream a Little Dream (The Silver Trilogy, #1), by Kerstin Gier — ★★’s
- Ever Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale, #2), by Alexia Purdy — ★★’s
- Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1), by Victoria Scott — ★★★’s
- Down with the Shine, by Kate Karyus Quinn — ★★’s
- Six Months Later, by Natalie D. Richards — ★★’s
- Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1), by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl — ★★.5’s
- Mechanica, by Betsy Cornwell — ★★★★’s
- Hereafter, by Tara Hudson — ★★’s
- Starr Lost (Starr Fall, #2), by Kim Briggs — ★★’s
My first re-read of 2017 is The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1) by Laura Thalassa. Re-reading the book was great, and I managed to finish reading The Vanishing Girl as quickly as I had when I first read the book. I never manage to say how much I actually love The Vanishing Girl.
- Fireblood by Jeff Wheeler.
Ultimately, I couldn’t get into the story as much as I had wanted to, and DNF’d the story pretty early on into the book.
- Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig
I couldn’t get into reading Last Seen Leaving, but I really wanted to know what happened. So I read the first 64 pages and then skipped to the ending.
The Books I’ve Reviewed this month are:
- The Midnight Sea by Kat Ross — ★★’s
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige — ★★’s
- Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison — ★★’s
- Frozen by Melissa de la Cruz & Michael Johnston — ★★★’s
- And the Trees Crept In by Kim Savage — ★★’s
- Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs — ★★★’s
- True Born by L.E. Sterling — ★★★’s
- Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep — ★★★’s
Other Posts include:
Library Reads #23; where you can read the books that I’ve borrowed from the library recently!
That’s all for my February Wrap Up. If you’re interested in my little “Other general thoughts of late” you can read those down below. I’m going to be mentioning a few playlists, and thoughts that I thought would be worthwhile to put out into the world. Kind of like a diary/journal, but not really.
Thank you for stopping by and reading!
Happy Reading Everyone!
Places You Can Find Me At:
If there are other places that you want to connect with me, here they are!:
Other general thoughts of late:
I’ve been listening to a few 8tracks playlists this month. The Sky Is Crying For Me, which I used a few times this month, since I have trouble sleeping. how i would spend my sundays if i were a cat, morning champion, little flower market, Meow Loading…, Backyard Adventures, – Everything is Beautiful –, & Songs to chop vegetables to, are all playlists that I’ve listened to a few times over. I think my favourite though, would be Meow Loading…, since the playlist is perfect elevator music and background noise.
I’m actually getting around to reading all of the books that I’ve borrowed from the library! Which to me is something incredibly exciting seeing as how I usually only get to read a few of the books I’ve borrowed before they’re due back (and I’m unable to re-new them).
New Fun Fact about me: I think I’m going to make it a point to visit my local library every Sunday. I was there one of the Sunday’s this month and holy smokes, I was able to relax so well. I felt as if I could melt into the shelves. And the slow chill vibe that the library had on Sunday was A++.
My nephew was born(!) on February 21st! So I’m officially an auntie! I don’t think it’s gone through my head really, that my brother is a parent now. I didn’t think that he’d ever have a kid, but now that he has one, I don’t think I can imagine him without one. — And now that I’m an aunt? That fact hasn’t really sunk in yet. I don’t think it will until my nephew is a toddler, and has a mind of his own.