Hello all! I hope today has treated you well. Today’s Top 5 Wednesday Post, as you can see by the title, is about 5 Books that I never finished. I usually finish reading all the books I read. There are times though when something just bothers me about the book, so I decide to not finish it.
Onto the books!
In the case of this book, it was a whole lot of things. It was:
- The main character. I just found him to be very self conceited, and completely whiny. Reading from the point of this character was especially hard for me because I kept getting mad. I told myself when I was reading, that if the character still pissed me off by page 150, I’d stop reading. And the character was still like that by the 150th page, so I stopped reading the book.
- Another thing that bothered me about this book was the love interest of the main character, Amber. She was actually a cool character when we met her in Francis’ story. Even though Amber soon is very defensive, and pretty much keeping to herself.
- I do have to say that even though I stopped reading the story, I did read the ending of the book. And there was such a change of Francis’ character. He was no longer the scared, needy kid. He really formed into this more mature, almost adult like teenager.
Now… Forever Summer was a book that I told myself I would give a chance.
- If I didn’t like the story, no biggy. In Forever Summer, there’s actually two different stories, and I hadn’t really captured that in my mind before I read the stories.
- The first story, Laguna Cove, I loved. I loved the characters, and the romance they had. I was disappointed that the story ended so soon, but whatever, there was another story to read.
- I thought that the next story, Cruel Summer, would be a second story to Laguna Cover. Nope! The two stories are completely different from one another, even thought I think that the world in both stories are the same one. Kind of like a realistic fiction.
- I found Cruel Summer to be very…infuriating, to say the least. Cruel Summer starts off with a teenager girl who I think was very obsessed with her cell phone, her best friend, and boys. But then I think her mom sends her off to Greece for the summer. And I’m pretty sure the main character think that her summer will be filled with shopping, sun tanning, and cute Greek boys. But it’s not. And she gets pissy about it? I don’t know. I just can’t handle characters that are really spoiled.
- So I never finished that story, and I won’t ever finish that story.
- So I’m pretty sure that the lot of us know what this book is about, and I’m absolutely sure that I will never finish reading this book.
- Firstly, I couldn’t really get into it. I couldn’t lug around this book for the life of me, honestly.
- I found the story to be boring. Mind you, I only got like, about 50 pages into the actual book..
- I can appreciate that the story moved both quickly, and slowed down for the details, but I found that Under the Dome isn’t a book for me. This isn’t me saying that all of King’s books aren’t for me. I might give one of his books a try later in life, but that’s pretty much the end of King’s books for me.
- So I started reading Tempest a few year(s?) ago, and just found that I didn’t like anything about it. I didn’t like the writing, the characters, the descriptions. I only got about 10-20 ish pages into actually reading the story, but that was all I could take.
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor / the third book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy
- Let me tell you this: I absolutely love the story! I just couldn’t really get into reading this last book. I do plan on re-visiting this trilogy again someday (hopefully soon). I just really feel like the book about halfway through, the story really drags on.
These are the 5 books that I never finished. And there are way more books out there that I haven’t finished! And I’m slowly learning how to stop reading certain books if it turns out that I don’t like the story at all. Nevertheless though, I try to finish books! Sometimes it just doesn’t work out for the best.
Thank you for reading my post about 5 books that I never finished!