Hello everyone! If you don’t know what Top 5 Wednesday is, it’s a weekly book meme created by a booktuber named Lainey. Her channel is Gingerreadslainey on youtube, or if you’d rather join her group, Top 5 Wednesday over on Goodreads, you can!
Today’s post is about Biggest Book Hangover’s.
These books won’t be in any particular order as in which book gave me the biggest hangover. They’re just listed in the order that I thought of them.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- I don’t know about you, but while reading the story I was completely destroyed. Twice. And I normally stay away from Historical Fiction; I find them to be really boring.. Something pulled me to read The Book Thief though, and I am so glad I did.
The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
- The Vampire Academy series is on this list because of the second book. There are other reasons why this series gave me hangovers, but the first one that comes to my mind is the second book, Frostbite. If you’ve read the books, then you know what I’m talking about.
- I bonded so much with these characters, that I was completely blindsided by that ending.
- Throughout the book there are little hints as to what had happened. I seriously can’t believe that I didn’t see it all play out sooner. So when I finally got to the ending, I was shocked to my core. I think I actually froze for a few minutes.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- I could see what was happening a mile away, but holy crap. I didn’t expect that ending!!! I was sobbing for an hour after I finished the book. I died inside and down for the count.
That’s all I have for this weeks Top 5 Wednseday. I hope you enjoyed reading.. Are there any books that have left you with a hangover?? If so, tell me in the comments!! I would love to know.
3 thoughts on “Biggest Book Hangover | Top 5 Wednesday #5”
Ooh la la!
We’ve got The book thief and We were liars on our list too!
The book thief was gold, no?
Yes, I loved The Book Thief very much!
LikeLiked by 1 person