Hello bookworms! I hope this week has treated you well so far. Today’s post is about Worst Love Interests (male or female). I know that a lot of people will have different opinions about love interests for their beloved characters. That’s totally okay! It’s really good that we all have these differing opinions, as long as we all respect these opinions we have.
So to avoid me spoiling anything for you, please avoid reading this post if you haven’t read the books I’m going to be talking about. The said books are: Confess by Colleen Hoover, The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken, The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black, If I Stay by Gayle Forman, and The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.
If you’ve read these books, then continue on ahead! I just don’t want to spoil anything for you.
Okay, so assuming that you’ve read all these books, here we go!
- I really don’t like the fact that, one of the main “love interests” has practically forced himself onto his sisters girl. Like, he doesn’t respect moral boundaries at all. Not to mention that, but the guys mother is just horrid as well. I hate that the grandmother to the little boy is making Auburn her slave. Am I the only one who hates these two?? There were so many things wrong with this book. I’m going to have to read it again..
- Clancy. Do I need to say more? In case I do, I’m saying that Clancy is the epitome of an abusive person. Controlling the minds of others, making people feel what they don’t want to feel, is just horrible.
- OK, so, at first I was a little peeved that Hazel didn’t get the guy in this story. Looking back on how the story all played out though, I’m glad that they didn’t work out as a couple. Not only would the two not get along at all, but they both had other love interests that weren’t each other. And they wouldn’t get along anyway. They have clashing personalities in my opinion.
- We know who I’m talking about!! Adam and Mia. They actually have a really healthy relationship in the beginning, I find. They both respect each others boudnaries. Then when Adam wants to do something Mia is kinda pissed, but she lets him go. Because that’s what he wants to do, and ultimately I feel like Mia respects taht being a musician and all. But when its Mia turn to do what she wants, Adam gets pissed as hell and doesn’t respect her boundaries at all. — I’m actually really happy that Where She Went exists though. Honestly.
- Ok, I hate that Clare made it a thing where Jace and Clary fell for each other yet couldn’t stay away when they found out they were pratically siblings. Like when Valentine confused the shit out of Jace and made him believe that he was Valentine’s son. And then literally the rest of the series is about them being lovey dovey for each other when everyone else, INCLUDING THEMSELVES, believes that they’re blood related. It just weirds and grosses me out that Clare would write that. Yeck.
What are your Worst Love Interests (male or female)?? Tell me in the comments below what you’re NOTP’s are! That’s all for this Top 5 Wednesday post about Worst Love Interests (male or female). And if you’ve made it this far, then thank you for reading!